Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Weekend Recap.

1.  Welcome to New Orleans!  2.  Frog legs?  Check.  (and they really do taste like chicken.)  3.  Pedi-cabbing it to the French Quarter  5.  My tour guides taking me off the beaten path to local bars.  In.  Love.



1.  Impromptu dance parade + we hopped in!  2.  Lotus flower on our swamp tour.  3.  Alligator.  rawr.  4.  Abita beer is amazing and my new beer of choice.
I am convinced that I am moving to New Orleans.
I cannot remember the last time I had this much fun!
We ate, we drank, we sang, we danced in the street.
I fell in love with the jazz band on the street corner + the carefree vibe of the city.
When I was in Europe last summer, I was a total tourist.  I took so many pictures that I wasn't able to savor the moment; enjoy where I was and who I was with.   I was completely successful in being present in the moment this weekend and I kind of want to high five myself.  
New Orleans is so rich ... rich in everything from culture to food + I took in everything it had to offer - the sights, sounds, smells (at times a bit funky;), the people.  

So if you haven't been yet, you must go.  And take me back with you!


1 comment:

  1. Hope you're having fun with B but we're missing you in the blogosphere!!!! Can't wait for updates when you get back!

    ReplyDelete