Monday, August 13, 2012

Remember Me?

------------------------------
You can go ahead and call off the search party.  I know y'all are relieved to know that I have not died nor fallen off the face of the earth.  I've simply been taking trips like crazy and reveling in my last month of early-twenties-dom.  Quarter-life crisis?  Maybe so.  One thing is for certain though:  I am so happy with the possibility of what twenty-five brings me.  You see, here's my theory in a nutshell:  Shiz gets real at twenty-five.  I'm going to go ahead and copyright that.  Profound, I know, and also confirmed by older wiser friends.  Like most, the majority of my early twenties was consumed by school and getting experience and becoming independent.  And now I'm here.  I've graduated (not once, but twice.  I can almost hear my parents' sigh of relief...).  I've got a whole twenty-four and some change's worth of life experience.  I've been fully supporting myself for over a year now (i-n-d-e-p-e-n-d-e-n-t, do you know what that mean, mayne?)  I'm finally here.  And by here, I mean at the beginning.  I have reached the point where the future really is my very own (and if you've had this epiphany much earlier than myself, you. go. girl.)

During my hiatus, I spent a lot of time thinking about what I want this little blog to be for/to me ... and I've come to the conclusion that I simply want it to be more personal.  More moi.  So with that, I'm backkkkkkk!

3 comments: